Derek, originally from Hawkesbury, ON, has been in the fitness industry for over 10 years now. He became passionate about training and coaching during his University career, but really became much more dedicated to fitness when he started his journey as a personal trainer 7 years ago.
Although Derek is now very invested in CrossFit, his athletic background is very diverse. He played 4 years of Junior hockey in Vankleek Hill while his summers were spent playing competitive interclub golf tournaments. Derek has combined his love for golf with his coaching skills and now also specializes in mobility, stability, strength, and power exercises for golfers.
- BSc. Honour in Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa
- MA in Human Kinetics, specialization Sport Admin
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- CrossFit Kids Trainer
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS, NSCA)
- TPI Level 1 Fitness Professional (Titleist Performance Institute)
- TPI Level 2 Fitness Professional
- TPI Level 3 Fitness Professional